Re: (TV) Tom Verlaine and drummers

Completely agree Keith - Billy (& Mitch) both swing! Billy is/was an essential part of the Television sound for me.

On Sun, 16 Jun 2013 17:04:44 +0100, Keith Allison <keith@thewonder.co.uk> wrote:

Does anyone else ever feel that Verlaine's '80's albums might have
sounded "better" (whatever that means) with a different drummer (say,
Ficca) in the band?
I'm thinking of Richard's recent interview comment along the lines of,
"If you listen to Tom's albums, ...could have been a drum machine!" Jay
Dee D. is a great /driving/ live drummer, but quite an 'anonymous' one
and I don't enjoy his playing as much as Ficca's, or Mitchell
behind/around Hendrix.

I'm listening to 'Prove It' as I write this and I love the way Ficca's
drumming in that song is always on the spot but always busy enough to be
interesting.

I guess we'll never find out unless the new incarnation of Television
should play some Verlaine solo songs.