Re: (TV) Marquee Moon

On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 8:12 AM, Phil Obbard <pobbard@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I love that version, too. Has a faintly metallic sheen to it which gives
> the performance an extra edge.

That's probably the version of MM that I've heard the second most often.  I
was a fanatic for the Verlaine b-sides from way back... they were the first
things I ever digitized and compiled.  It also shows up on a few bootlegs of
the "lost album", since it first appeared along with the b-sides from the
Bascombe sessions.

God knows I've heard "Smoother Than Jones" and "Caveman-Flashlight" more
often than most things by any other artist...

-Rex