(TV) Kidding/ Artificial Shortage?

-----Original Message-----
From: Brad
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2002 11:45 PM
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: (TV) <no subject>

>I didn't think 13,000 was a lot.
>Certainly more than 2,000
> -- but that's small for
>anything. >I used to work in
>a used CD store and did not EVER see....

>Is this true, or just something you vinyl
>junkies make up to stroke your egos?  I
>know that old albums DO sound better on
>vinyl (and I do collect LPs, you know),
>but in my experience, albums recorded
>for the purpose of CD recording sound no
>better on vinyl.

Hey Brad, welcome to the MM list.  My 13,500 cd figure
was totally made up---I thought that was obvious.

My comment on the vinyl superiority of the 1992 Television
recording over the cd version was just thrown to be
semi-humorous..

regarding the smokes see:
http://www.obbard.com/tvlist-archive/0101/msg00532.html

or http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Horizon/7784/quiz09.html
[specifically Question #9]

Two things: 1) If I had to make a half intelligent
wild ass guess  for the number of 1992 Television
cds originally manufactured worldwide my estimate
would be 25,000 to 30,000.

2) It may be that there were *relatively* fewer
Television fans in 1992 in the Indianapolis
area per square mile [not meant as a slight
on Indianapolis area] but that in last three years
or so there are now more Television fans in the
Indianapolis area (per square mile) which causes
an artificial shortage that is geographically
specific only to used cd bins in your neck of
the woods (or should I say near your watering
holes to keep the Eastwood simile going?).
I say 'artificial' because in the Northeast or
big cities like Chicago, one can find this used
cd rather easily.  Moreover, I see it for sale all
the time on e-bay.

	Leo

ps: Do you have any interesting/funny used cd
stores/customer stories?