Re: Thanks but more woes / RE: (TV) Problem With Vol Levels / Solution(s)?

On Sun, 15 Jul 2012 14:02:49 -0400
"Leo Casey" <LeoCasey@comcast.net> wrote:

> Hi Joe,
>
> Thanks for the tip.  John Goddard of the Television-Group List also sent a
> response similar to yours see below (for the recordings I mentioned , they
> were so loud that I actually had to go with -3db rather than just half a db!

John's solution (using Amplify) is a bit different in that you have to
find the level yourself.  Normalize finds the highest peaks, then brings
everything down so that the peaks are at the level you choose, and -0.5dB
is right about where you want it to be.

Same end result, just a little less trial-and-error with Normalize.  I'm
glad you got some good results!