Re: (TV) richard comments-on-new-television-song

It's called an "unreleased" piece on YouTube, so I wonder if "Television Mk.
II" (or is that "Television 2.0"?) ever had/has any intent for it to be
released. Sounds like the kind of thing the band might explore in the studio
whether for fun, to get into a state for more focused recording, or as a
springboard for a possible song. (I agree with whoever likened it to the quiet
bits on Court of the Crimson King.)If so, it hardly seems fair to critique it
as if it were intended as a fully fledged song. Didn't the original band
engage in such things? I find it pleasant but slight.

As for Richard's
comments, at least the part excerpted at
http://www.prefixmag.com/news/richard-lloyd-comments-on-new-television-song-s
hit/56827/, I'm most struck by 'The song bFrustrationb, which the band
performed at the Summer-Stage
show in 2004 (Which was to be my swan song with
the bbandb), also shows
the lack of any cogent real virile ideas.' While
I love a lot of ballsy rock 'n' roll, I wasn't aware that musical ideas had to
be "virile."

- Jesse

<rexbroome@gmail.com>
1:36 PM
>Subject: Re: (TV) richard comments-on-new-television-song
>
>And
after all of that, I finally listened to the new "song".B  Sounds like
>the
start of something interesting, but goes nowhere... but more to the
>point,
Billy Ficca rules the day.

>What's the story behind this piece being
released?B  Anyone have any insight?