Re: (TV) 4th Album

I've seen enough, heard enough and played enough Television to know that
Lloyd's playing was crucial to Television's live shows, and to Verlaine's
own development as a soloist.

Together Verlaine AND Lloyd developed that angular style of modal soloing
that is hard to define in words but is so distinctive as Television.  Since
Verlaine continued in that vein, it became "his"; however, Lloyd
increasingly chose to distance himself from it.

There was a time though that as solo artist Lloyd still embraced his
creation -- and it was glorious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLGerRBXaSo

Perhaps someday Lloyd will find his way back to this kind of playing.  In
truth, this style is rightfully as much Richard Lloyd's unique legacy as it
Tom Verlaine's.

That said, I welcome *any *new Television release.

-A