Re: (TV) Dave Marsh

Well, there's this, from last June:

http://www.austinchronicle.com/gyrobase/Issue/story?oid=oid:638408

ls

On Nov 25, 2008, at 5:01 PM, Ty Burr wrote:

As I recall, that entire 1983 edition of the RS guide was the Dave Marsh show, with absurd snap judgments and conventional-wisdom trashing on every page. (Proustian confession: I liberated my copy from the RS stockroom where I had a part-time phone sales job during college, trying to talk mom-and-pop stores across America into carrying "that Comyewnist hippie magazine." This was during Wenner's coke days; he punched out the frosted glass in the lobby one evening.)

The 90s RS Record Guide threw all Marsh's stuff out and started from scratch, with results that were less loopy but much more bland. I kinda missed Marsh's snark, even when he was wrong. No idea where he is these days.

Ty