Re: (TV) Record reviewers are often stupid

Marsh has that Rockrap blog/site thingy. Very political. He likes to read his own stuff, but the site isn't half bad.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ty Burr <tyburr@comcast.net>
To: tv@obbard.com
Sent: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 6:01 pm
Subject: Re: (TV) Record reviewers are often stupid

As I recall, that entire 1983 edition of the RS guide was the Dave Marsh show, with absurd snap judgments and conventional-wisdom trashing on every page. (Proustian confession: I liberated my copy from the RS stockroom where I had a part-time phone sales job during college, trying to talk mom-and-pop stores across America into carrying "that Comyewnist hippie magazine." This was during Wenner's coke days; he punched out the frosted glass in the lobby one evening.)?
?
The 90s RS Record Guide threw all Marsh's stuff out and started from scratch, with results that were less loopy but much more bland. I kinda missed Marsh's snark, even when he was wrong. No idea where he is these days.?
?
Ty?
?
?