(TV) My current musical obsession

The Dream Syndicate's wild, live cover of "Spill the Wine". I just discovered this track this weekend, included as a bonus on the reissue of GHOST STORIES (and sounding like it was sourced from somebody's well-loved cassette copy of an FM broadcast).

Imagine a rave-up by Verlaine's live band c. 1982 , with a verbal nod to T. Rex and a musical nod to the Talking Heads thrown in for good measure... I'd never even heard War's original until this weekend, and it's fun, but the Dream Syndicate's version is something else altogether.

--Phil