Re: (TV) What do you make of this (MBV)?

Didn't the drummer become ill, so the drums were sampled? Regardless, that rhythm section was always that record's Achilles heel. Now, "Isn't Anything" is the better record. The sound coming off that wax token doesn't assume you're part of the aural wallpaper like "Loveless" does.

M.

----- Original Message ----
From: Rex Broome <rexbroome@gmail.com>
To: tv@obbard.com
Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2008 10:40:33 AM
Subject: Re: (TV) What do you make of this (MBV)?

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 7:32 AM, Maurice Rickard <maurice@mac.com> wrote:

> Having re-listened to Loveless, I think that record's very front-loaded.
>  The drum machine tracks could have been outtakes and they'd have had a
> stronger record on their hands.  (This is probably heresy to MBV fans, I'll
> allow.)

Absolute heresy.  But it's okay.  If we can accept the love of Rush amongst
list-members, a minor quibble about what is clearly the second-best* album
of all time can be grudgingly tolerated.

I've been listening to nothing but The Fall for about two months.  Who's up
for a Geddy Lee/Mark E. Smith duet, and what song should they do (other than
the obvious Skynyrd cover)?

Peace be with you.
Rex

*most days