Re: (TV) OT: OCD

Adrian Belew is playing locally in the next month.  I haven't seen him
since the reformed Crimson in 84.  Perhaps it's worth a shot?

I am listening to a lot of Marc Ribot a lot this year, especially his
work with Tom Waits (I finally have the solo to "Hoist That Rag" down
-- it is killer).

Also, a lot of pre Gram Parsons Byrds, circa 66-67, as this year Amps
Do Furnish A Room is covering the Byrds' schizoid amphetamine-drenched
mid-career breakup masterpiece "The Notorious Byrd Brothers" live.
McGuinn's soloing style is unique, and playing that live is blast,
especially on 8 Miles High (which isn't on Notorious but we are doing
it anyway because hey, it's 8 Miles High dammit; besides, Notorious is
only 35 minutes long)  ...Interestingly, after playing Marquee Moon
live with Amps all last year, approximating McQuinn's solos isn't as
much of a stretch as I had thought it would be.

-A