Re: (TV) Unlikely Verlaine mention

> Not only does Plant introduce Tom to the tv-gazing soap-watchers, he
> also recognises that he's a great singer _and_ he doesn't call him a
> punk.

I've never been a Led Zepplin fan-- was force-fed the stuff in high
school and it was a bit macho for me, and so much of what it spawned
was sooo bad-- but I just heard Plant do a live set on KCRW yesterday
and I was reminded of what a cool dude he really is, with a great
grasp of what makes for great music both before and after his heyday.
If his obvious grasp of folk and blues history and his praise of TV
don't point that out enough, his band includes guys who've worked with
Massive Attack and Justin Adams (I think that's his name), whom I know
from some really terrific and innovative work with Jah Wobble of all
people.  I'm starting to think that, at age 34, I might be ready to
actually buy my first couple of Zep records!  If only there was some
way to special-order them with "Stairway" and "Livin' Lovin' Maid"
surgically removed...

Love to all,
Rex

PS just did my first live gig in eight years, and first ever as a
frontman.  Quite a kick.  Although our lineup (gtr/keys/bass/drums)
precludes sounding too Television-y, our closing number does namedrop
Tom.  But that's because I wrote it.