(TV) Unlikely Verlaine mention

Here in the UK we have this thing called the "Radio Times" (so called because it was published by the BBC long before television arrived, to tell chaps and their good lady wives what was coming up on the wireless). Anyway, as he has a concert on BBC radio in the next week, they have a 2 page interview with the Rock God himself. Ending with "Growing Up With Rock - Plant's Pick Of The Past Five Decades".

For the '50s: Elvis Presley.
The '60s: Eddie Cochran.
The '70s: Bob Dylan.
The '80s? : Tom Verlaine

of whom Plant says, "Great singer. A real breath of fresh air when he arrived. People probably felt about his music the way they felt about the punk bands who came along and stopped Led Zeppelin doing 45-minute versions of Dazed and Confused".
And a pic of Tom in a very naff but undeniably cool hat.

Not only does Plant introduce Tom to the tv-gazing soap-watchers, he also recognises that he's a great singer _and_ he doesn't call him a punk.

(Oh, and Plant's new album is great, too, if you like that king of thing. And I do, I do.)