Re: (TV) OT: What I'm listening to

Wow ... I've been out of touch for ages ...

This is an easy thread to come bounding back in, so here goes ...

Eels "Shootenanny!" - so far, I'm really enjoying this one ... better than
their last one, SOULJACKER. Although "Eels" seems to have just one official
member now (E). Even longtime drummer Butch is filed under the "with ..." list.

The White Stripes "Elephant" and "Red Birds" (boot - live in Boston 2003)

Amy Rigby - "Til The Wheels Fall Off" - Amy's an amazing songwriter ...
catchy pop with a folk & country influence and a great sense of humor. Also
recently grabbed a live webcast and turned it into a double CD.

Richard Thompson - "The Old Kit Bag" and "More Guitar" - An amazing live 1988
Richard Thompson Band CD from RT's web site, with ... as you'd guess ... lots
of electric guitar. For instance, "Can't Win" times out a smidge over 9
minutes.

Warren Zevon - "The First Sessions", plus the recent "Sentimental Hygiene",
"Transverse City" and "Wanted Dead Or Alive" reissues.

         -- Owen

PS: oh, and the new Frank Zappa live album, "Halloween", which I crassly
dubbed from DVD-A to regular CD so I could listen to it!

Owen Gwilliam
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/otg
http://shadowy.brainiac.com (The Shadowy Site On A Shadowy Web)

"Of all the major team games, baseball is the most leisurely by nature. It's
often attacked for this by people who, I am convinced, must be incredibly
obtuse or selling some other product."
         -- Leonard Koppett, "The Thinking Fan's Guide To Baseball"