(TV) It's OK, But....

	[Mullen, Patrick Q]  Hi Philip,

> Sorry, I didn't mean to start a huge discussion on this subject. I would
> never
> go so far as to call the US flag a symbol of repression, etc., either. All
> I'm
> saying is that our actions have consequences. Jay is right - if you don't
> catch
> them, then we're bound to see a repeat show. It's just a question of
> degrees.
> If you do catch them, but you kill thousands in the process, we can't be
> surprised when the repeats occur.
	[Mullen, Patrick Q]
	I think the question of NBC (Nuclear, Biological, Chemical)
Proliferation in the region is left out of this equation.  The recent
assault on NYC combined with this threat alone mandates sustained military
action.

>  Likewise, we pushed Iraq out of Kuwait but
> our troops never left the area
	[Mullen, Patrick Q]
	We should have pushed through Iraq too.  As long as the World's
economy is dependant upon Oil, and there are bold terrorost groups with  the
capacity and brazeness to use NBC weapons, we will have troops in the
region.
> , and that's why Bin Laden (if he's the guilty
> party) is so pissed.
	[Mullen, Patrick Q]
	That and his desire to see the elimination of the Israeli state.
And his hatred of the "ill effects" of US Commerce in the region.  And the
"evil" of US culture....

> If we catch Bin Laden, but leave troop deployments in
> Pakistan, Uzbekistan, etc. for future security, will it create new Bin
> Ladens
> in other nations?
	[Mullen, Patrick Q]  Hmmmmm....Pakistan has the bomb and is on the
verge of a takeover by Militant Radicals who hate the US and support
Terrorist groups like Bin laden (and the MANY MANY others that do not get
mentioned).....I think we will have troops there for a long time...And I
think it's necessary.  Mandated by circumstance.  The others, we will not
maintain a presence in, Russia considers them in  her "sphere of influence".

>  [Mullen, Patrick Q]     The bottom line with Terrorist Groups in the
> region is that they are all secretly funded and supported by some states
> in the region....(Iraq, Syria, Iran..others...).  Including Bin laden, it
> seems (reuters/Ap confirm that Mohammed Atta flew to hamburg in late 00
> AND 01 to meet with the European head of Iraqi Intelligence).  The "Hydra
> Multi-Headed Bin Laden Boogeyman" theory is true in that individual cells
> can act alone(that is a classic cell practice, see "battle of Algiers" a
> French Film made in 1962, very lft leaning..), but they are far less
> efficient when they are not trained by a state intelligence service.  And
> when they are packing their bags and moving from town to town as they are
> hunted down in country after country.  We WILL eliminate their operational
> capability at present (the ability to coordinate attacks on the US) by
> attacking them abroad while hunting them here and attacking and "ending"
> any state that supports them, while encouraging any who merely
> allow/tolerate their presence to join in the hunt. Any who do not join in
> and continue to toletare are should be considered in a Anti US camp and
> treated accordingly (the ultimate way to deal with them would be in the
> "ending" category).   This involves the well being (economic and physical)
> and safety(economic and physical)  of my friends and neighbors.  So I
> support it absolutely.

	OK, now I am done,

						Patrick

I fear we have awakened a sleeping giant and have filled him with a terrible
resolve
	Admiral Yamamoto, comment to his personal staff, December 7, 1941

Patrick Q. Mullen
Electronic Resources Unit
Richter Library
University of Miami