(TV) Lennon

Tom didn't meet Lennon, but when Jimmy Rip was recruited by Yoko Ono to
tour with her in the late 1980's Tom told me that Yoko took Rip into
John's music room at the Dakota. All of John 's guitars were there.Yoko
told Rip to choose one to play. Rip chose John's electric sitar. Tom
enjoyed telling the story. He said Yoko was paying Rip a fortune.Tom
just laughed when I said, ""You mean Rip sold out and left your band to
play with Yoko?" After that Rip was tied up with Jagger, and that's when
Tom decided to re-form Television.