(TV) royalties

I was having a discussion with a group of friends the other day. We were
trying to figure out how much percentage of the sale of a cd goes to the
songwriter.  Does anyone have any figures?

Michael, you`re right with the whole thing on Lou/Patti sticking with their
respective labels. I`m sure they both wouldn`t have a problem selling on an
independent platform. Is there a specific reason why Lou has stuck with big
labels all these years? God knows he hasn`t sold a magnificent number of
albums in recent years, and I don`t really see that changing anytime
soon...

anyways, g`nite to y`all.

-eric, who was so thrilled to hear 1880 Or So on the university radio
station this morning.