Re: (TV) CDs on the player

At 10:43 AM +0000 2/9/01, Per RosÈn wrote:
The last days music at MY office:

Y'know, I hate to say someone's taste is _bad_, but...your office mate sure is putting you through an ordeal. Loud, it's even worse. Of course, once due to an oversight of mine, I ended up making a coworder have to listen to Painkiller's "Scud Attack." At high volume. (I was away from my desk, there was an mp3 involved, and IE automatically started Realplayer when the download was done. I didn't mean for it to happen that way, I swear.)

Fun Pack - Got it yesterday, haven't listened yet but if Knockin... on the Last Time is, as you all say, better than the Blow Up version (can it be better???), I will definitely brainwash this guy with it. I will declare war. Guns&Roses are pathetic.

I'd gladly give up the one on The Blow-Up for a higher-fi version of the one from The Last Time.

Charles Mingus - Mingus Mingus Mingus Mingus Mingus (Thanks Maurice, this is one of my favourite jazz albums. This first track really ROCKS. And "Theme for Lester Young" is a classic, so beautiful.)

Damn, it does rock.  It's another constant-repeat disc.

Charles Mingus - Oh Yeah (Yes, this really sounds like the title. Oh Yeah is enough to describe it. Small ensamble jam and the first track Hog Callin Blues has similarities to II BS (on Mingus, Mingus...). It's almost the same theme. Don't know if this "jam" was used to make the tune II BS. (Maurice?)

I really don't know. I'm just getting into Mingus, although I did see that loft-eviction/club performance film some years back. Tragic. Even then I was blown away by the man's bass playing. He was a monster. I do know that he often reworked themes and gave them different titles ("Theme for Lester Young" was also known as "Goodbye Pork-Pie Hat," so say the liner notes) so it's possible.

NP: Dirty Three, _Whatever You Love, You Are_. "I Really Should Have Gone Out Last Night" has had a significant place on my mental soundtrack for almost a year now.

--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/