(TV) OT: Ty Burr on Philip Seymour Hoffman

Best thing I've read today:

http://goo.gl/tro6m4

I saw Hoffman in "The Seagull", a Shakespeare in the Park production back in 2001. After the play, we were walking out of the park and crossing the street to get to the subway, with many other attendees in front of and behind us. There was a young man directly in front of me, a bit shorter than I am, wearing a light jacket, backpack and a baseball cap. As I stood behind him waiting for the signal to cross, I suddenly realized it was Hoffman -- just another New Yorker heading home after a play.

--Phil