Re: (TV) Interesting Review

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 9:22 AM, Jesse Hochstadt <jesseh58@yahoo.com> wrote:

> The "main" album is all live, but if you buy the deluxe edition - which may
> be
> still available, and for some reason works out cheaper for us US-ians if
> gotten
> from Amazon UK - you get RT's acoustic demos, which IMO work better for
> some of
> the songs, and are mighty impressive in any case.

Wait, it's all new material debuted live?  I love those kinds of records...
"Time Fades Away", Cale's "Sabotage"...

I really thought (think?) that the ideal way for "Television IV" to be made
would be to have the band book like a 4-night stand at a club, record the
whole thing live, then pick the best takes, wipe the vocals and have Tom
redo them in the studio.  It's a dream... a dream in a pipe... a pipe buried
well beneath the crust of the ocean floor...