From: Graham Urquhart <gurquhart@madasafish.com>
To: tv@obbard.com
Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 6:06:53 PM
Subject: (TV) (OT) Feelies: September 13, 2009

Some people may be interested in this:

http://www.nyctaper.com/?p=1650

/On the week that Bar None Records <http://www.bar-none.com/the-feelies.html> reissued both /Crazy Rhythms/ and /The Good Earth/, the Feelies <http://www.myspace.com/thefeeliesband> played a weekend of shows in the New York area. On Friday, they played /Crazy Rhythms/ from start to finish at All Tomorrows Parties (/nyctaper recording coming soon/). Saturdays show was a performance at the beautiful Bearsville Theatre <http://www.bearsvilletheater.com/> in Woodstock. Last night, the celebratory weekend was completed with an absolutely monumental Feelies show at Southpaw <http://www.spsounds.com/>. The band performed two sets that consisted of over two hours of music, but the most amazing aspect of the show was the encore set  the band returned on /five/ separate occasions to perform a total of ten encores. Included in the show were the usual plethora of covers  the raging second set opener of Neil Youngs Barstool Blues and the Beatles Everybodys Got
 Something to Hide (from /Crazy Rhythms/) among them  but there were also a few surprises including a teacher-mimics-student version of R.E.M.s Carnival of Sorts./

/The band was again well-served by the presence of long time sound pro Andy Peters, who navigated through a limited sound system to provide outstanding listening quality. We set up the four mics at the front of the railing above the floor which provided a direct line to the stacks. The resulting sound quality of this recording is quite excellent. Enjoy!/

Cheers

Graham