RE: (TV) Rush To Judgment / Radiohead

Here in the UK Rush completely passed me by. They were just a name to me. I
still can't name a single one of their songs. As far as I recall they're in
the Led Zeppelin vein.

In 1997 I went to visit friends in California. One evening while watching a
local band in a bar near Lake Tahoe a complete stranger came up to me and
asked the question "Who do you prefer, Yes or Rush"?

I was completely taken aback. Had he sussed me out as a British tourist?
No-one had ever asked me anything like that before. I must admit I was
pretty inebriated on some smoking mixture that my hosts had kindly provided.
So the question - who did I prefer? A band that I half liked in my spotty
teenaged youth, but had grown indifferent to, or a band that I knew nothing
about?

The question, do I prefer the irrelevant or the unknown?

After some deliberation I replied - "Uuuuuuggghh, I dunno". I looked around
- the questioner had long since moved on to some young ladies who were
clearly more interesting than me.

After all these years, I still can't answer the question - who do I prefer?
Yes or Rush?

How the hell should I know?