Re: (TV) R.I.P.

On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 14:43:38 -0400
"Leo Casey" <leocasey@comcast.net> wrote:

> Joe H., your friend who sometimes backed him up--he didn't also play in the James
> Montgomery Blues Band, did he?

As a matter of fact, he did!  His name was Paul Murphy, and besides
playing with James, he had gotten a gig with Duke Robillard, and was on
tour with Duke in Brazil when he died.

I used to see him play at the Met Cafe (the dingiest hole in the wall ever -
I miss it like crazy) with his band the Groovemasters.  Best time ever.