Re: (TV) OT: OCD

----- Original Message ----- From: "Maurice Rickard" <maurice@mac.com>
To: <tv@obbard.com>
Sent: Sunday, April 13, 2008 6:29 AM
Subject: Re: (TV) OT: OCD

grntg wrote:
Polyphonic Spree's Fragile Army which has led to all
things polyphonic and tripping daisy.

Have you checked out St. Vincent, Annie Clark's solo project? She was in the Spree for a while, though I first encountered her during one of the breaks in the 2004 sessions for Branca's 13th. (Hi, Fred!) She's got some really good songs and has one hell of a voice--and she's a fellow Abeton Live user, or at least she was in '04.

After all the praise I've heard about her, I'm now regretting the time I walked out on one of her shows. She was closing for Scout Niblett last summer (As with the time I saw Jeff Beck play before Stevie Ray Vaughan, saying the first act opened for the second doesn't seem right), and it's not that she was bad, just that after a typically amazing Scout show, I had no interest at all in St. Vincent after a couple of songs. --------------