(TV) Chris Butler's band (some TV)

I was in Akron over the weekend to hear Half Cleveland, Chris Butler's
current band which includes Harvey Gold from Tin Huey and a cast of
fantastic local musicians who've been playing in various local bands for
over 40 years. Crack session guitarist Ralph Legnini, also a former Huey,
was sitting in.

This is becoming a monster band. The venue was the Akron Civic Theater, part
of a benefit show including Chrissie Hynde, Jerry Lee Lewis, and Kent's
legendary Numbers Band (15-60-75). Half Cleveland only had time for 5 songs,
two of Chris's and three of Harvey's, but they smoked the place. Once in a
while they turn up in the NYC area at Maxwell's or Joe's Pub, so check them
out if you get the chance. CB is still dividing his time between Akron and
Weehawken, God bless him. I asked him about Richard Lloyd, and he said that
although he hasn't talked to Richard directly, word is that he's more or
less back to his old self. Great news.

By the way, a "half-Cleveland" is sporting either a white belt or white
shoes. A "full-Cleveland" is both.

Jim K.