Re: (TV) OT: Easter Everywhere

On 8/15/07, Russ <russvr@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just got 13th Floor Elevators "Easter Everywhere". I'd never really heard
> it before and I can't believe it's taken me this long. This record is
> fantastic and I can't imagine why it is never listed on a top recording
> list. Their version of "Baby Blue" is definitive and "Slip inside this
> house" is a song for that age that rivals a song like "Spirit in the Sky"
> for pure psychedelic eeriness.

It's a great record, better than the first one in my opinion.  "She
Lives in a Time of Her Own" alone is worth it.

"Baby Blue" is not quite definitive, just because, like, the words are
wrong, but it's a really touching version.  "Slip Inside This House"
spawned a very odd but good cover by Primal Scream that most people
don't know is a cover...

I was recently listening to the much maligned almost-Roky-less BULL OF
THE WOODS, and you know what?  The songs aren't bad, and the playing
is very nice in places (Stacy Sutherland was sort of ahead of his
time, I figure)... it just happens to be one of the most horribly
recorded albums of all time.

-Rex