Re: (TV) Fiery Interview with Hell

"[Interviewer's intro] ...As a poet now, Richard Hell is perhaps not
as good as he could have been had he not spent upwards of twenty years
playing music...

[RH's annotated response] Fuck you. If you want to say something like
that, say it to my face. You don't hear me making claims about how
"good" my poetry is, but who the fuck do you think you are? All this
writing of yours is presented as if you're a person called upon to
make judgments from some position of earned respect. That's not who
you are. You're a callow kid with a job reading slush for a
pretentious irrelevant "poetry" magazine [Poetry, not Bookslut]. You
sought an interview from me, I was kind enough to grant it, and now
you're being an asshole by exercising some grotesquely deluded
misapprehension that your role in this includes some call to fucking
critically assess my skills. Also, it was not twenty but ten years I
spent with bands."

Whew!

-A