Re: (TV) KCRW's top tune podcast...

In message <68a8ea5e0607171102p3338aec6y5b86f4336a9d67f0@mail.gmail.com>, Rex Broome <rexbroome@gmail.com> writes

Cool. Is there an updated gigography with setlists (asks the guy who didn't provide a legitimate setlist frome the Roxy show)?

Tom verlaine + band
05-15-06
930 club
1. Souvenir From A Dream/Heavenly Charm
2. Orbit
3. The earth Is In The Sky
4. Documentary
5. Scientist Writes A Letter
6. Kingdom Come
7. Shingaling
8. Words From The Front
9. From Her Fingers
10. Nice Actress
11. The Day On You
12. Clear It Away
13. The Sea
14. All Weirded Out

--------------------------------------

Tom Verlaine and band
Bowery Ballroom, NYC 5.18.06

1. Souvenir From a Dream
2. Heavenly Charm
3. Obit
4. Documentary
5. The Earth Is In the sky
6. Kingdome Come
7. The Scientist Writes a Letter
8. Shingaling
9. Words From the Front
10. Nice Actress
11. Clear It Away
12. band intros
13. Persia
14. applause
15. Pillow
16. From Her Fingers
17. All Weirded Out

---------------------------------------

Verlaine and Rip
Quasimodo Berlin 14th July

(from Claudia)

+The day on you --> Came across kinda err unfocused
for the first couple of minutes
+Souvenir from a dream
+the sea
+earth is in the sky
+Rain, sidewalk --> Random LJJ bit thrown in and first
lines of the lyrics
+documentary
+pillow --> different lyrics for the 3rd verse, something about blowing into an empty bottle and
sand-sculptures
+orbit
+scientist writes a letter --> spoken intro about 2 waterfalls in Norway and a cliff with pinetrees
beneath
+biker theme --> blew my mind. Purely amazing,
especially since I saw the film couple of weeks ago and tried to imagine the scenes as the tempo increased
+Kingdom Come
+Nice actress
+Words from the front
+Persia --> i think it went on for at least 15min. Great alternating between the slide part and that rhythm/melody thing. Wish I could describe better how the climax sounded. +Prove it --> very different approach, sounded kinda
mellow actually
Encore:
+??? some instrumental that I haven't heard before
+"spooky story of Mr Otto" --> Unfortunately not similiar to Man in the backyard, was spooky nonetheless. Lyrics were about a man changing (that's about as detailed as it got)