Re: (TV) The 100 Greatest Debut Albums

	x-ray-spex.

&, if one =must= mention the 80s [& clearly, from the lights of that list, one must], =certainly= the violent femmes record, for the virtuosic bass player's virtuosic bass playing, the same virtuosic bass player whose favorite guitar player was one tom verlaine.

&, yeah, tom verlaine's records went out of print very very fast-- i dont know that "marquee moon" did, or ever, or when, but so many of the rest did.

the ahistoricity of that list bothered, bothers me. it is like saying, well, nothing came before we began to think & now we have decided, for a while, what it is hip to think about. & since it is largely =my very own people= who are being nostalghiaized, spelled wrong, it bothers me even more-- i wonder what tom verlaine, who is so insular himself, would feel about a list that puts the modern lovers after the arctic monkeys, sorry to harp on the arctic monkeys so much, but they seem so silly to me, not evil but silly. i dont know, when or that similar stuff has been done w/ me, it has only made me want to hide more, which is what i am doing, um, presently. thanks.
--
yr friend,
proserpine, guardianette of the dead