Re: (TV) VU--say it all at once--jay pontrelli is the best. you are welcome...

That's why I never want to meet any of these people.  For instance, Neil Young is one of my favorite artists of all time, but I hear that he is not someone you want to approach. Fine. All I care about is the Art.

I've always admired and enjoyed the VU, and for the longest time I liked Lou Reed albums better than John Cale albums, but in the past decade it's swung the other way. I think Cale is still putting out great stuff. I love Black Acetate. It may be my favorite album of this year. And Lou, like Neil and many others seems to be in artistic decline.

You know when I think it matters if someone is a prick? Interviews. Lou in interviews is sometimes hard to take. His inner a-hole takes over sometimes. So when an artist is a prick I avoid reading their interviews.

Regards,

Brian

robin dunn <rdunnrn@yahoo.com> wrote:
lou's (reputed) personality has never kept me from
listening to lots of his music. but i must say i
really enjoy it when artists turn out to be decent
people. i don't think being an artist is a good
excuse for being an asshole (tho' it's often used that
way).