RE: (TV) Maybe OT: Is music less precious?

I have downloaded (and traded in the pre-broadband days) so much live music
I know I'll never listen to it.
However, this hasn't compromised my taste or judgement. Looking at the huge
piles of CDs that I've bought I know that there are some that I'll only
listen to once, some never at all.

I have downloaded a few things from Dime that have totally blown me away,
one recently is quite simply the best thing I've heard for a very long time.
Just can't stop playing it. This one download makes up for all the others
that I don't really care for. I played it to someone who thought it was very
ordinary. Their loss, not mine.

Music appreciation is a very strange and personal thing. I don't think you
should worry about your son Keith, at least he's a music lover. I think I'm
a little like him from your description - I have tons of music and I'm
always trying to acquire more, but I only listen to a few things at any
given time.