Page & Verlaine / 3 Questions / RE: (TV) Led Zeppelin

>and then their that photo of Television w/ Plant and Page
>in the  same room at the Mojo Mag awards.

I'm probably wrong but, unlike Plant, I don't think Page
knew/knows of Verlaine's playing despite Mojo photo (although
Plant could have introduced Page to Tom).  Does anybody on
the list know (where's Ms Secret X when we need her  :>)  )?

When I was young [pre-Zeppelin] I was a big fan of the Yardbirds
--esp. Page's playing [first time my father ever yelled at me to
turn my stereo down was a Yardbirds record] and Keith Richards'.
I must have seen Antonioni's "Blow Up" 5 times just to watch its
segment with Page and the Yardbirds. I was also pretty impressed
by Page in the early Zeppelin live shows when he did all that
'trick' and rave-up stuff with a violin bow and his guitar--but
then I didn't know any better back then.

I never realized until stumbling across it in a music mag 5 years
ago that Page in his very early years was a key session-man on a
zillion other records.

As we know Verlaine has said in interviews many times how he used
to listen to Yardbird's records as a kid---but to belabor the
obvious, although both are virtuosos of their instruments I think
TV's playing has little in common with Page's.  Lloyd's a different
story--although I thought someone wrote that he was more influenced
by Jeff Beck than Page.

>....and while it changed my perceptions of music to a large degree
>I still dig the opening riff to Kasmir and Heartbreaker by
>Zeppelin.

I still love Zeppelin's song "Rock and Roll" [esp. the version in
that movie of Zeppelin whose last part features each member's King
Arthur-ian fantasies [ 1) Help me please: what was movie's title?].
Even the recent (Cadillac?) car commercial snippet of it couldn't
ruin it for me--although since I sold all my Zeppelin records years
ago, I may be getting the title mixed up with "Black Dog".

Q #2:  Is the DVD or/and cd of the Led Zeppelin Concert that came out
about 2 years ago [something about "west" in it's title] worth getting?

Q # 3:  What do Tom Verlaine and actor Lawrence Harvey have in common?

Leo