Psychedelic / RE: (TV) Semi-OT: Genre of Television? / Prog Rock: Television's millions of new fans?

>I maintain Television was more psychedelic than anything else.  Discuss.

I don't know if I'd use the word "more", and also don't think the 3rd album
or their live
shows since 1992 have much to do with psychedelia  (except for encores of
'Psychotic
Reaction').

I don't think the majority of Television's 1st 2 records were psychedelic:
maybe
'The Dream's Dream' and 'Torn Curtain' and snippets of song 'Marquee Moon'.
I think lately
it's been more of a cross between rock and Coltrane-isms. (Certainly
Verlaine's playing on
his solo work wouldn't be considered psychedelic---maybe solo on "Breaking
In My Heart'?--but
even here there's too much rhythm and 'chunka chunka' to fit that
categorization.)

But maybe my idea/definition of psychedelic is too narrow.

OTOH, lately I have been listening a lot to the 2004 boots, and the other
day definitely heard the
Quicksilver/Cippolina influence.  So I'd agree with Maurice.

By the way, who were SFO?        Leo

I maintain Television was more psychedelic than anything else.  Discuss.