RE: (TV) A Plan To Get New Releases

--- Maurice Rickard <maurice@mac.com> wrote:
> Actually, I think that was one of the ones remixed by Andy Wallace
> at the label's insistence, and therefore not representative.

Right - and I remember reading interviews where Albini graciously
said he had no problem with the tracks being remixed. (The label
brought in Andy Wallace because he had worked with REM, right?)
Albini's very hands-off in that respect. My favorite Albini
production is still probably the Pixies SURFER ROSA, although there's
a lot to be said for that Big Black record with their cover of "The
Model" on it.

I'll also add that there are worse things than a Verlaine track mixed
to sound like "All Apologies"! Let's not forget how "contemporary"
the production sounds on so many Verlaine albums (for their
respective periods), like COVER, FLASH LIGHT, and the 1992 reunion
LP.

--Phil