Re: (TV) Costello/Young/R. Thompson

You know, my favorite guitarists include Verlaine, Neil Young, and Richard Thompson, and Bob Mould. Eclectic ? Perhaps, but I think all four guys share a lot in terms of tonality, modality, intensity, shear string bending bravado ( you know those great 1 note solos), so it's no coincidence for me at least to say I like these guitarists because they sound similar to my ear. Others certainly have heard the similarity of Verlaine's and Youngs' guitar playing. But for Verlaine to say that he doesn't care for Thompson's playing - what planet is he from anyway ? !!! I'm not sure I understand the antipathy he had for Costello either except perhaps , back then, Costello was such a darling of the critics?
- Russ

Micah wrote:

Oh, the wee lad was a bit full of himself, eh?

I wonder what Mr. Verlaine thinks of Thompson's "Shoot
Out the Lights."

-he better be thinking it's the best thing since,
well...You know.

Micah

(This post was brought to you by No Particular Point)

http://celebrity.mail.yahoo.com