Re: (TV) Where Did the Vanity Fair Boot Come From?.

Hi Leo,

Maybe I shouldn't say, but several people know anyway. I'm the source
for the circulating recording. A friend of mine was friends with Mark
Wallis, the engineer at the sessions. He got the tape for me.

Someone asked a week or so ago about 'The Miller's Tale' live
recording. Most of the info is in the MM archives. I don't remember
Verlaine giving carte-blanche with regard to the live recording. As far
as I recall it was the one live gig Virgin had in their archives. They
owned The Venue. Clinton Heylin was given the power to decide which
tracks appeared on the disc by Virgin. Three or four were left off.
Heylin has a DAT of the complete show.

Cliff

"Marc Bolan 1947-1977 A Chronology" by Cliff McLenehan
New revised paperback edition available from:
www.helterskelterbooks.com