Re: (TV) The Top Albums of the 1970's part three

Maurice:
>But for me, I've played way more Television/TV stuff on guitar than I
>have Zepplin, and I never bothered to learn the "Stairway" solo.

Or the intro... I've studiously avoided that one, and "Hotel California" and "Wish You Were Here", etc. etc.  I also was kinda mystified by that "you can't play songs from MM on guitar" thing.  Even non-guitar-greats can bash out the basics of "See No Evil" and "Friction", and there are plenty of covers of both to attest to that fact.  No, you won't hear them at Guitar Center (unless I'm there trying out/pretending I can afford a Jazzmaster or something), but scrappy young bands do 'em all the time.

I guess the point was that it's pointless to memorize the *solos* on that record, but should you really be memorizing *any* guitar *solos*?

-Rex, aware he's posing the wrong rhetorical question to the wrong crowd...