Re: (TV) The Top Albums of the 1970's part three

At 7:10 AM -0700 6/25/04, Brian Young wrote:
http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/

Marquee Moon at #3

I'm not sure what Matt LeMay's thinking with this, though:

"Everyone who plays guitar will, at some point, learn the solo from "Stairway to Heaven", but it's practically impossible to sit down and actually play anything from Marquee Moon. Like The Velvet Underground before them, Television's songs focus on interplay and exploration, rather than individual melodies and chord progressions."

I can agree with the second sentence, but the first just baffles me.
--

Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/   |   http://onezeromusic.com/