(TV) Beware of "clothed robots"

Well, I think having a soul has nothing to do with one's possession, profession, wealth or education.  Certainly not professions -- there is no profession with more "soul" than another.  To determine whether someone else has a soul or not is ultimately a subjective matter -- yeah, I know one when I see one.

Like Descartes wrote: when I see people on the street, how do I know that they are people or merely robots with clothes on?  Well, there are a lot of robots with clothes on out there, some are musicians, some are lawyers, some are doctors, and some may even claim to be poets -- but I know that they are robots.

I saw that show on PBS "The Way the Music Died" -- yeah, it was one of the most depressing show I've seen recently, even more depressing than Orson Welles's _The Trial_.  Orson Welles, that's a man with a soul; Quentin Tarantino, a robot.

Emilie