Re: (TV) Sleater-Kinney article w/TV references

Russ:
>I actually have a couple Sleater-Kinney records. I'm not a huge fan but when
>I listen to them I can sometimes hear what could be characterized as a
>Television feel or influence. These women do rock and their references to
>Television is not mere band-wagon joining (unlike say the Strokes).

I think they're great, and I'm excited about this improvisational turn they're taking... the guitar interplay between Carrie and Corin has always been really inventive, so it'll be cool to hear them stretch it out.  Gang of Four might be a better comparison for the guitar style, but the Television parallel holds up in context: you could say that S-K is to your average "riot grrl" band what TV was to your average NY punk band.  That is to say, more complex, harder to pin down, and ultimately more rewarding.  But maybe that's just me.

Oh, and hi, everybody.  I think a few of you know me...

-Rex