Re: (TV) Re: ello! =)) -- WORM! Don't open it.

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 16:48:52 -0500
Maurice Rickard <maurice@mac.com> wrote:

> Apparently someone with the list email address on their hard drive
> has been hit with the latest worm.  Just delete it, folks.

It bears repeating from time to time - the list software strips out
all attachments, so you'll never get an attachment from the list.

The latest viruses pull their from and to addresses from addresses
stored on the drive (usually in address books), so that who you got
it from is definitly not who it says it's from!

I run into panicked ladies all the time who are worried that people will
think they're the infected ones.  Then I just say "We're all Mac - this
doesn't affect us" and they go "oh!" - and they promptly forget that when
the next round hits.