Re: (TV) Fwd: reissues clarification

At 6:53 PM -0400 9/22/03, Ty Burr wrote:
Kind of moots the whole concept of "review copies," doesn't it?

Begin forwarded message:
 The advance CD's that Rhino sent out were put together _before_ we had
 actually gone into the studio to remaster the albums.

Philip has a good point, that this might be a way of preventing prerelease MP3 leakage, although sound quality is in many cases the very reason for buying the reissue. I know I was rather disappointed to hear about the LJJ fade, and am relieved to hear the story behind it now. It would be unfortunate if the reissue got a bad rap from this, though.

Excited about tomorrow again,
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/