(TV) Bangs book and Verlaine mention

Hi guys,

Picked up a collection of Lester Bangs that was just released:

"Mailines, Blood Feasts, and Bad Taste- A Lester Bangs Reader" edited by John Morthland as a companion piece to the Psych Dung collection. Great stuff that I hadn't read before, not having access to the Village Voice and Creem in the '70's. Also contains a few unreleased pieces. I really enjoyed it.

Also saw this in a Not Lame ad:

PAPAS FRITAS - Pop Has Freed Us (w/ Bonus DVD) - $15.50
This 17-track CD + DVD contains nine tracks previously unavailable (such as covers of Fleetwood Mac's Book Of Love and Tom Verlaine's Flash Lightning) and eight faves culled from the band's ten years of recordings. The DVD includes videos for 'Way You Walk', 'Hey Hey You Say', and 'Afterall'. 'Questions' is featured in the film, Dumb And Dumberer. 'This Boston trio crafts some indie-pop dynamos' - Entertainment Weekly. 'Papas Fritas write twitchy pop tunes unencumbered by any classmate's definition of cool'.

http://www.notlame.com

Always had a soft spot for Papas Fritas.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Cheers,

Brian