Re: (TV) Fillmore

That's the place.  There's a Post Office next door now.

Dennis D <dend@nyc.rr.com> wrote:Is it the building over by Japantown? I played there a few times in the
early 90's if that is the same place. One night we were playing and the
stage manager appeared and was giving me the cut sign (hand crossing the
throat) as we were playing in the Lounge. When we stopped playing she came
up and told us there was a fire next door and then told the audience to file
out . At first I was reluctant to go, leaving my equipment but I looked out
the window and saw a large assortment of trucks and firemen and decided that
maybe it'd be a good idea to split.
The building next door, which was once a Masonic Temple and also once Jim
Jones's temple was ablaze. There were 126 firemen there and the building ,
made of wood, was really burning up. It was filled with all kinds of art and
had caught fire from a space heater.

> Right you are. It's a different building with the same name that was
reopened many years ago then closed for earthquake renovation then reopened.
It's not the same building as the 60s Fillmore West. Bill Grahm Presents is
now owned by >>>UGH!<<< Clear Channel. Be that as it may, it's still one of
the best venues in SF and has great sound and great vibe.