Re: (TV) Huh? / Christmas Eve

Morrisey wrote a couple of pages about the New York Dolls for Grangemouths very own Next Big Thing fanzine back in 1978, possibly the first thing he had published

I'm waiting for him to have a hit single so I can flog my copy off on e-bay and spend the profits on buying these new television reissues ! (poor attempt to bring it back on topic)

From: eric gregory <crackcity_2000@yahoo.com>
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: Re: (TV) Huh? / Christmas Eve
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 07:55:32 -0700 (PDT)

wow....it was a guess, but an educated one.
this site is fascinating.
witty yes, but more than a little desperate too.
weird sexual vibes....definitely makes me wish he'd continued exploring that territory in song.

Andy Ferguson <afne04343@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
Spot on Eric , ten points

Comes from this marvellous website which details the letters Morrissey sent
to a penpal in Scotland in 1980 , a full two years before The Smiths . Its
just a scrolling one page site , well worth fifteen minutes of any curious
music fans time .
The wit and scolding tongue are already in place , two years before the
event , proving he was , and is , no fake .

Enjoy
Andy
http://www.torr.org/moz/letters.html