RE: (TV) Good news

88

-----Original Message-----
From: Philip P. Obbard
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2003 2:57 PM
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: (TV) Good news

Fellow fans, I swear everything I am about to write is NOT made-up (unlike my
April 1st email might have been).

I contacted Gordon Anderson at Collector's Choice Music about the notes on
their site saying that MARQUEE MOON and ADVENTURE were due for "deluxe"
reissues this year. (Gordon was the executive producer of the recent Verlaine
and Lloyd reissues). He in turn contacted WEA, who provided the following
release dates:

9/23/03--Rhino
Marquee Moon (Expanded & Remastered)
Adventure (Expanded & Remastered)

9/23/03--Rhino Handmade
Live At The Old Waldorf 1978

This, needless to say, is fantastic news. The live show is an unexpected bonus.
Actually, so is ADVENTURE, the oft-overlooked sophomore effort.

Assuming that the Old Waldorf show is the same one bootlegged as LIVE
ADVENTURES, LIVE IN SAN FRANCISCO, PORTABLE ELECTRICITY, etc., it's an
excellent candidate for official release: a stellar performance by the band at
their peak, reasonable length (60 minutes, or at least that's how long the
broadcast was), and excellent source (FM broadcast - presumably from better
tapes than the existing boots). If they do a half-decent job, it'll be as
essential as MARQUEE MOON, and maybe more so.

I'm not holding my breath, but I will definitely start a countdown: 89 days to
go!

--Philip