(TV) My ears! My ears!

My ears are still ringing from last night, I think I lost part of my
hearing, but boys! was it worth it!

It was as Philip said a great show.  Dave Thomas started the show by saying
that he was wearing his "Tom Verlaine suit."  Hilarious.

I thought everyone played really well, really really loud!  Though, I have
to disagree with Philip on one point, the stuff that Richard played, he
could have played that in his sleep -- and I mean it in the very best way --
I think when Richard plays for himself or with the Television, he is really
challenged to play some really strange stuff.  Richard hardly broke a sweat
while Cheetah Chrome looked like he just ran the marathon in 120 degree
weather.

I thought the band that opened for them, the Blonds, were pretty good too
(and very loud!).

My ears!  My ears!  :-)

Emilie

> Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 21:58:46 -0700 (PDT)
> From: "Philip P. Obbard" <pobbard@yahoo.com>
> Subject: (TV) RFTT 6/6/03
>
> Incredible - really fantastic. Richard Lloyd was particularly stellar;
easily
> the best instrumentalist of the night.
>

> After the show, Craig Bell and Dave Thomas sold CDs and t-shirts; while my
> friend went and bought a CD, I congratulated Richard on a great show and
his
> stellar guitar work. He was (as always!) very friendly and said how it all
made
> sense for him to replace Peter, with Peter having briefly replaced him in
> Television back in 1975. He didn't seem to agree when I noted that he had
"big
> shoes to fill"; it occurred to me later that he probably has big shoes of
his
> own!
>
> Seriously, I think this was my favorite Richard performance ever - he fit
in
> perfectly - and I enjoyed his playing tonight more than I ever did seeing
him
> solo or with Television. (Possible exception: "I'm So Glad" at the Bottom
Line