(TV) Words From the Lurk

Takes a lot to make me post to the list so here
goes...

Murray - I agree to a certain extent - and if your
theory holds up then ask one of these New Yorker dudes
the next time they see Tom to ask him to start doing
stuff for himself! Maybe he could release it too.

OK they are out playing gigs and suchlike and there
are new tunes on the cards - when I saw them in
Edinburgh the anticipation nearly killed me (as well
as the fact the Liquid Rooms was so packed that any
right thinking fireman would have closed the place
immediately)

But in restropect I was deeply disappointed at the
sloppy and half hearted, limp wristed and nonchalant
way that Tom played at that gig - a while back there
was a thread about this.

His singing, well OK, it is Tom we're talking about,
but his guitar playing was, frankly, mediocre.

Now you can't take knickers off a bare arse, but
surely there has to be some fire in his belly (or is
it burning hole in his pocket?) that has Tom active
again: but the recent Academy Live CD debacle beggars
belief! It takes little effort to make it avilable
online - crikey i'm sure dudes on this list would
knock up a website if TV asked them. Nicely.

If people think it is cool in some way that Tom is not
"doing it for the fans" and is "doing it for the art
and music" - claptrap and codswallop. Like a snake
that is eating itself? Trying to be uncommercial? If
Tom got up on stage and said that, would you respect
him for it?

Or would you say "Man we bought all your records, even
the ones that sucked! On all three formats! We think
it's really cool that you're dumping on us from your
lofty artistic heights. You twat."

He's just a human man, not some otherworldly figure. I
agree with Keith - that he should recognise the
presence of his audience and listen to them.

Hope i've not offended anybody! Just want to
contribute to the debate.

=====