(TV) Slanted 'n' Enchanted 'n' Reissued

I'll still take Polvo over Pavement as I assemble my own Personal Pantheon of Pop, but that isn't stopping me from vastly enjoying the _Luxe & Re-Luxe_ 2-disc reissue. I think I mentioned the first two together in getting a conversation started some months back, but the two bands share little apart from being groupable under a '90s slack-pack designation. Perhaps one could make the point that Polvo worshipped Sonic Youth the way Pavement seemed to worship the Fall. And Pavement boast a more straightforward pop sense in melody and rhythm. I'm reminded of how great it is to have someone making a forceful assertion of something oblique or absurd, especially in a rock context.

In any event, the inclusion of EPs, b-sides, Peel sessions, and a live show from aaaaalmost 10 years ago (December 14, 1992) make this a very worthwhile purchase--at a cost of a mere 14 hard-earned recession smackers. As it's the Bush Years all over again, you could do way worse than picking this up.

And a Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow USAian list members, plus some snowy looking-toward-the-holidays greetings to everyone else.
--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/