(TV) Licks Tour

This time it's true, the Stones are playing songs they never played live
before. Torn and Frayed, Can't You Hear Me Knocking, plus Little Red
Rooster, Rip this Joint, Parachute Woman, Mother's Little Helper, Stray
Cat Blues, No Expectations, Willie Dixon's Mannish Boy, Otis Redding's
Can't Turn You Loose, etc. That's one reason they're playing clubs on
this tour, to polish up rare songs, then drop a few into stadium shows.
But the stadium crowds usually demand some hits. Mick says when they do
too many obscure tunes in a stadium he looks out and sees confused
faces. I wanted to hear Silver Train (Sonic Youth covered it a few years
back) so in August during rehearsals I called him and asked for Silver
Train, and that night they rehearsed it! That night they also rehearsed
Love Train by the O'Jay's which they'd never done and which surprised
everyone. (I thought it was just a joke since I'd asked for Silver Train
and my initials are L.T.) Their crew in the rehearsal hall liked Love
Train so much they've been playing it on tour every night. It's the
weirdest cover song they've ever done, like Tom's Hunk of Burning Love